6,150 Newsletter #3
August 26, 2002
My last newsletter got out a little late so I wanted to catch up and send this out before I started out on the road again....
I am now in Austin Texas. In Austin I had a few days to really do an evaluation of where I stand with this journey. I really needed to re-evaluate what I am doing and why. What happened was I had the be-Jesus scared out of me in one of the cities. I won't mention which one. I drove into this city and it was the worst rainstorm they had ever had -- 11 inches of rain. That is not what scared me. I got scared because I could feel the energy of the city as I drove in. It was awful. I felt very very unsafe. I got a hotel room in a 'nice' part of town, but it all felt very creepy to me. I couldn't put my finger on it. The next morning, I received a call from some weirdo at 5am -- so this did not help matters. I decided to move up the media interviews that I had and leave as soon as possible. ( I was suppose to spend two days in this city). The very first interview I had went well. We did a pretaping that would air the following day. After the interview the head of the station told me he was so depressed. He could not believe how much murder and gang activity he had to report on. It was really bringing him down. Well, my chin about hit the floor. I knew it! I knew I needed to leave as soon as possible. I drove 11 1/ 2hours to my next destination. I arrived exhausted, over-whelmed and a little disheartened to say the least.
I pose this question to you:
What do you do when you have a vision and things get tough? When you come up against 'obstacles', or things don't 'seem' to go very smoothly moving toward your journey? What I've done is to read over my journal that I wrote before I started out on my quest to re-remind myself of my original reason for my journey. I've asked God for guidance, direction and what my next step is. Today, I woke up and I have clarity again. It has taken few days to get there, but I have it again.
These are some of the questions I've asked myself to gain clarity:
1) God is this project worthwhile? Is this what you really what me to be doing? Please give me a sign as big as a billboard on Sunset!
2) Will it bring benefit to others?
3) Do you want me to continue on, and if so in which direction of the United States? Please show me and give me an intuitive thought or feeling of what is next.
4) Then I looked at: What do I want? What is the purpose of this project for me? How am I being fulfilled?
5) What am I doing? Why am I doing this documentary? What was my original inspiration?
It was so important to have read back over my notes and to read the original vision and to create a new higher vision and commitment.
So, a re-cap:
1) I set out on my journey -- my vision.As of today, I have answers. In my journal this morning I wrote: "I want this documentary to help people. I want people to experience and see ordinary people who have taken extraordinary risks in going for their visions. I want to inspire people to reach their fullest potential in their work arena -- in all areas of their life. I want to make films that uplift and inspire. I want to change the media around the world and I want this to be the beginning of it for me. I want to start a Television Network. I want there to be a channel on TV that is geared toward uplifting people. A channel that shows great things happening to people around the world and the great contributions that people are making in each others lives. There will be positive uplifting news, movies, stories etc, on this channel 24 hours a day."
There is so much good going on in this world. On a physical level there are so many good vibrations being sent out from all the great stuff people are doing. The more we focus on the good stuff, the more good will happen. Remember, what we think about carries a specific vibration of energy. That vibration(or energy) goes out into the universe and we attract where we are in our life. If we want to change our lives we must think different thoughts. Feeling differently attracts a different circumstance. It is an atoms job to attract other like atoms. Those atoms come together to form a unit, and what ever the highest consciousness is of that unit is what materializes.
So, I want to start collecting great stories even from people that I can not meet in person.
1) I want to know the great stories that people are doing in their life work.
2) I want stories of people who were willing to take a risk and go for their dream.
3) I' m looking for people who have gone for their dreams and who are helping others through their inspiration or through their work.
This can be you or it can be someone you know. You can send it to me through e-mail or video-tape yourself. Please send this information to the following location:
Monique GuildPlease don't forget to include your e-mail address, phone # and mailing address. If you send a video tape I might not be able to send it back -- please keep that in mind. Please pass this -e-mail onto others who may want to participate. I am not sure where this project is going as of yet, but I do know it is going somewhere!
I needed to give myself a higher purpose and a reason to re-commit so that I would move forward. I have found that reason and now I am ready to go!
Thank you so much for your e-mails. They have meant so much to me and really have let me know that my work is making a difference.
|©2009 Monique Guild. All Rights Reserved.|